- Combines a rugged row unit with the industry’s most accurate planting technologies
- Quickly adapts to meet unique field conditions
- Consistently accurate – no matter the speed or conditions
- Customized direct from the factory to meet any soil types and cropping practice
- Precision Planting r-ball options to meet your unique planting needs
- Crop protection and fertilizer application options available
Easy Maintenance & Adjustments
- Tool-free crop changes and adjustments on many components
- Simple, accessible T-handle depth adjustment makes changing seeding depth in 1/8-inch increments quick and easy
2140 Early Riser Pivot Fold Planter Delivers Split Row Configurations
Expanding the 2000 series lineup, the new 2140 Early Riser planter adds ultra-narrow row spacing of 15-, 20- and 22-inch with split row configuration options, allowing producers to easily convert between crops. This planter is also designed with excellent ground clearance for unmatched terrain flexibility, a pivot fold transport package so producers can easily move from field to field and navigate tight field entrances, and a factory-integrated furrow system to apply in-furrow liquid fertilizer and granular chemical, reducing passes through the field.
Built for Accuracy at Your Speed
Recent field testing shows our industry-leading new Early Riser planter row unit is where speed, precision and performance meet. The unit is high-speed capable while delivering accurate seed placement, net effective stand and harvest data.
Vertical Row Unit Travel
16-inches of vertical row unit travel improves performance in varied terrain while providing greater clearance for residue managers. Cast-iron row unit is built with larger, common hardware and fewer parts.
Down Force Management
Through up-or-down hydraulic pressure, automatic and row-by-row DeltaForce® achieves consistent weight on the gauge wheels for unparalleled depth control. Or select air down force with or without in-cab gauge wheel feedback.
Larger diameter and thicker Earth Metal® offset opener blades are agronomically designed to slice through residue and tough soil conditions.
Floating Residue Management System
CleanSweep® air cylinders allow for in-cab adjustments of residue manager ride to accommodate soil and residue conditions.
Furrow Management System
Pulled gauge wheels with soil relief grooves eliminate sidewall compaction and control soil flow through changing ground speeds. The furrow forming point creates the industry’s only flat-bottom seed trench.
Two-stage Closing System
Inverted closing disks zip the trench closed, placing high-moisture soil directly onto the seed. The press wheel ensures proper seed-to-soil contact.
Precise Per-Row Seed Metering
To achieve the perfect picket fence stand, you need a seed meter capable of delivering accurate and consistent seed singulation, populations and in-row spacing. The all-new seed meter and electric drive at the heart of the new 2000 series Early Riser planter row unit do just that. And it does it at your speed.
vSet® 2 Seed Meter with vDrive® Electric Drive Motor
Row-by-row overlap control and curve compensated spacing deliver optimal seed singulation and spacing. A simple design provides tool-free crop changes and reduces mechanical drive components.
Advanced Seed Delivery (ASD)
For the most accurate seed delivery and placement to and in the trench, the 2000 series ASD option includes the new SpeedTube from Precision Planting. Available for corn and soybeans, the SpeedTube™ uses a flighted belt to control the delivery of the seed from the meter to the furrow, eliminating the drop and tumble variability of traditional gravity drop tubes, especially at high speeds.
Bulk Fill System
Engineered to Deliver
Our 2000 series Early Riser planters are equipped with two 50-bushel hoppers to provide reliable seed delivery from the tank to the mini-hopper – no matter the seed population. Plus, optional 1.9-bushel, on-row individual hoppers also are available.
Reduced Compaction & Better Maneuverability
Extend your planting window with the Rowtrac™ Carrier System. With increased flotation over a wheeled carrier, this carrier system reduces compaction and improves yield potential in wet spring conditions. Plus, it provides better maneuverability and a smoother toolbar ride.
The Rowtrac Carrier System is currently available as a factory-installed option for the 2160 Early Riser planter and will be available for the 2140 Early Riser planter for spring 2019. A conversion kit for the 2140 planter will also be offered for producers who desire to convert their planter to tracks.
Highlights of the steerable Rowtrac Carrier System include:
- Exclusive towed-implement track undercarriage design is pivotable on three major axes for pitch, roll and yaw movement. This system allows the tracks to uniformly minimize ground pressure, even in rolling terrain.
- Transport steering improves maneuverability, especially in tight field entrances.
- One set of track paths controls in-field traffic and reduces pinch row compaction from dual wheels.
- Fore-aft track oscillation provides excellent ground contact and weight distribution on undulating terrain.
- Side camber promotes even wear and extended track life through uneven terrain and roading.